Thursday, June 23, 2016

The End of Life as I Know It...

Dear Future Wife,

When you had me watch "P.S. I Love You" with you, I knew from that moment that it would come up at some point if I decided to ask you to be my wife. I can't remember the day we watched it, but it had a deep and lasting impact on me. I just watched it again last night. I decided a long while ago that I would watch it the night before I was going to propose to you, and work it into this blog.

To be honest, Gerry said it best... Caroline, from the time we had our first kiss, it was the end of life as I knew it. There are reasons behind why I decided to write this blog. It's because I knew I needed to do two things:

1) To paraphrase the movie: "I needed to tell you how much you have moved me... how you changed me. You've made me into a man by loving me, and for that I'm eternally grateful."

2) I needed to do it in a way that I wouldn't break down sobbing while trying to ask you to marry me, and to tell you why you're the one that I want to spend all the rest of my days with.

So, when you're ready... I'd like to ask you a question...

P.S. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment