Thursday, June 30, 2016

Dates, Venues, and Guest Lists, Oh My!

Dear Future Wife,

So, I know the majority of this has been a bit cutesy, and corny... but, from here on in, I'm going to take the tone somewhere similar to our own conversations.

How crazy was today? We have felt many emotions today, and have been drained. In a week, we've picked a date, got most of our guest lists done, and found a venue. I'm glad those things are done, or mostly done. I'm also glad we've figured out our groomsmen and bridesmaids already. But, I want to make sure we don't overdo ourselves.

That being said, Devil's Head was everything I would want out of a place to be married. From getting there and Alanis Morissette playing (even though it was a bad rerecording), to leaving and Evanescence playing... It made me happy that was the cue you took from the universe to say yes. Then there are things like places to be secluded to break the attention being given to us... the potential of beautiful fall colours... the eclectic style and a room that has not been used for many weddings ever.

However, I can tell this week has taken a toll on you. People paying you so much attention, and so much unwanted touching... I will be a little worried, but always support you in every way. Over this next week, we will do none of the things... and next Thursday we will revel in a day tailored for us in seclusion. Strawberries, cartoons, movies, and maybe even a proper homemade dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment